Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Da Vinci Code - Dan Brown


The book I chose for my independent reading is Dan Brown's The Da Vinci Code. I chose it because Dan Brown is my favorite author for various reasons. I read his books Angels & Demons and Digital Fortress. They were both phenomenal. Dan Brown's novels are highly based on scientific research and reasoning. They make readers squeeze their brains to try and find out what will happen next, and you just can't put the book down. For Digital Fortress, I couldn't help but look at the back of the book because I was so curious about the ending. Brown's books are mainly about controversial topics, like religion and science. I heard that many people opposed The Da Vinci Code because of religious issues, but I am still pretty into it. It was also made into a movie, and I already saw it. I do know what happens throughout the story, and I know the ending already, but I'm still thrilled to read it. Only by reading the first few chapters, I figured that the novel will be something completely different from the film, despite the same exact plot. I'm looking forward to reading through the novel and be as attracted to the story as I was with Dan Brown's other books.

1 comment:

Ms. Lillo said...

I completely agree that Brown's writing style is very unnique and interesting. I also love the way he integrates historical information into his books. However, it is the way that he makes everything feel like a valid fact that is "dangerous" about this book. Brown twists Biblical truths to fit his purposes. I enjoyed reading this book and hope that you continue to as well. Just remember to be discerning and know that the Biblical references are often taken out of context or distorted!